Quick fire tips for successful community engagement
See what works and find out how to plan successful engagement and why it is important. We’ll look at the why, where, what and when of how to engage successfully.
The content of the hours training will be focusing on the why, where, what and when questions around community engagement.
- Why – setting the scene for community empowerment
- Where – what settings are appropriate to engage the community in
- What tools can you use?
- When should you engage?
The tools we will highlight are:
- Talking – visiting settings, door knocking, staying in touch, steering groups, focus groups and other examples.
- Using contacts – it’s who you know, and you always know someone!
- Social media
- Support and information sharing – this is where we will highlight some really positive engagement stories – Bucksburn Gala, Balnagask Community Council Harbour Board application – A little support goes a long way!
Please let us know if you are interested in this course, email communityplanning
Trainer: Madelene Macsween (ACC)