There are a number of resources available to assist quality improvement work.
- Scottish Government 3 step improvement framework
- Quality Improvement Hub
- The Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- The Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership
- Scottish Patient Safety Programme
- Knowledge into action website
- QI Connect
We have also created some useful helpsheets for you, which are listed below:
- CPA Help Sheet 1: Project Charter
- Help Sheet 2: Driver Diagrams
- Help Sheet 3: PDSA
- Help Sheet 4: Measurement Plan
- Help Sheet 5: Annotated Run Chart
YouTube has a variety of video’s that help explain a variety of aspects of the Improvement Methodology. We’ve selected a few that we think may help you with your learning.
The Model for Improvement as described by Alex
Quality Improvement in Healthcare
Whiteboard: Driver Diagrams
The PDSA cycle 101
With a focus on quality improvements in healthcare associated infections, NES have developed an online module which can be used by any healthcare disciplines working in hospitals, care homes, health centres or the patient’s own home. Find out more about the online module at Quality Improvement in HAI.